Developing OGC Compliant Web Applications with GeoExt¶
Welcome to the workshop “Developing OGC Compliant Web Applications with GeoExt”. This workshop is designed to introduce GeoExt as a web mapping frontend to OGC Web Services (OWS).
This workshop is presented as a set of modules. In each module the reader will perform a set of tasks designed to achieve a specific goal for that module. Each module builds upon lessons learned in previous modules and is designed to iteratively build up the reader’s knowledge base.
The following modules will be covered in this workshop:
- GeoExt Basics
- Learn how to create a fullscreen map with a WMS layer.
- WMS and the GeoExt LayerStore
- Create a WMS browser using GetCapabilities, GetMap, GetFeatureInfo and GetLegendGraphic.
- WFS Made Easy with GeoExt
- Create a WFS-T editor with a synchronized map and table view.
Next: 1. GeoExt Basics
Boundless provides commercial open source software for internet mapping and geospatial application development. We are dedicated to the growth and support of open source software.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Feel free to use this material, but we ask that you please retain the Boundless branding, logos and style.