Introduction to PostGIS
Introduction to PostGIS¶
Inside the data bundle, you will find:
- a directory containing this HTML workshop
- a directory containing the shapefiles we will be loading
All the data in the package is public domain and freely redistributable. All the software in the package is open source, and freely redistributable. This workshop is licensed as Creative Commons “share alike with attribution”, and is freely redistributable under the terms of that license.
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: Installation
- Section 3: Creating a Spatial Database
- Section 4: Loading spatial data
- Section 5: About our data
- Section 6: Simple SQL
- Section 7: Simple SQL Exercises
- Section 8: Geometries
- Section 9: Geometry Exercises
- Section 10: Spatial Relationships
- Section 11: Spatial Relationships Exercises
- Section 12: Spatial Joins
- Section 13: Spatial Joins Exercises
- Section 14: Spatial Indexing
- Section 15: Projecting Data
- Section 16: Projection Exercises
- Section 17: Geography
- Section 18: Geometry Constructing Functions
- Section 19: More Spatial Joins
- Section 20: Validity
- Section 21: Equality
- Section 22: Linear Referencing
- Section 23: Dimensionally Extended 9-Intersection Model
- Section 24: Clustering on Indices
- Section 25: 3-D
- Section 26: Nearest-Neighbour Searching
- Section 27: Tracking Edit History using Triggers
- Section 28: Advanced Geometry Constructions
- Section 29: Tuning PostgreSQL for Spatial
- Section 30: PostgreSQL Security
- Section 31: PostgreSQL Schemas
- Section 32: PostgreSQL Backup and Restore
- Section 33: Software Upgrades
- Appendix A: PostGIS Functions
- Appendix B: Glossary
- Appendix C: License
Practical walkthroughs of app development examples using OpenGeo Suite.
Course materials given at our various training classes in NYC and conferences around the world.
Boundless reduces the cost and time of deploying and managing open source geospatial software. Learn more about Suite, plus our Support, Developer Tools, Maintenance, Pro Services, and Training offerings.
Boundless provides commercial open source software for internet mapping and geospatial application development. We are dedicated to the growth and support of open source software.
This work is licensed under a Creative Non Commercial-Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Feel free to use this material, but we ask that you please retain the Boundless branding, logos and style.