Introduction to PostGIS
Introduction to PostGIS¶
Inside the data bundle, you will find:
- a directory containing this HTML workshop
- a directory containing the shapefiles we will be loading
All the data in the package is public domain and freely redistributable. All the software in the package is open source, and freely redistributable. This workshop is licensed as Creative Commons “share alike with attribution”, and is freely redistributable under the terms of that license.
- 1. Welcome
- 2. Introduction
- 3. Installation
- 4. Creating a Spatial Database
- 5. Loading spatial data
- 6. About our data
- 7. Simple SQL
- 8. Simple SQL Exercises
- 9. Geometries
- 10. Geometry Exercises
- 11. Spatial Relationships
- 12. Spatial Relationships Exercises
- 13. Spatial Joins
- 14. Spatial Joins Exercises
- 15. Spatial Indexing
- 16. Projecting Data
- 17. Projection Exercises
- 18. Geography
- 19. Geometry Constructing Functions
- 20. More Spatial Joins
- 21. Validity
- 22. Equality
- 23. Linear Referencing
- 24. Dimensionally Extended 9-Intersection Model
- 25. Clustering on Indices
- 26. 3-D
- 27. Nearest-Neighbour Searching
- 28. Tracking Edit History using Triggers
- 29. Advanced Geometry Constructions
- 30. Tuning PostgreSQL for Spatial
- 31. PostgreSQL Security
- 32. PostgreSQL Schemas
- 33. PostgreSQL Backup and Restore
- 34. Software Upgrades
- 35. Appendix A: PostGIS Functions
- 36. Appendix B: Glossary
- 37. Appendix C: License
Practical walkthroughs of app development examples using OpenGeo Suite.
Course materials given at our various training classes in NYC and conferences around the world.
Boundless reduces the cost and time of deploying and managing open source geospatial software. Learn more about Suite, plus our Support, Developer Tools, Maintenance, Pro Services, and Training offerings.
Boundless provides commercial open source software for internet mapping and geospatial application development. We are dedicated to the growth and support of open source software.
This work is licensed under a Creative Non Commercial-Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Feel free to use this material, but we ask that you please retain the Boundless branding, logos and style.