Introduction to OpenGeo Suite¶
Welcome! This workshop will introduce you to OpenGeo Suite, a complete web mapping solution. OpenGeo Suite includes the following components:
- PostGIS - Spatial database
- GeoServer - Web map / application server
- GeoWebCache - Tile cache server
- OpenLayers - Browser-based map display library
- GeoExt - Mapping application library
- QGIS - Desktop mapping client
We’ll go into the details of each component throughout the workshop.
- Workshop materials
- Part 1: OpenGeo Suite
- Part 2: PostGIS
- Part 3: GeoServer
- Part 4: GeoExplorer
- Part 5: GeoWebCache
- Part 6: Building Custom Web Map Applications
- For more information
Next: Workshop materials
Boundless provides commercial open source software for internet mapping and geospatial application development. We are dedicated to the growth and support of open source software.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Non Commercial-Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Feel free to use this material, but we ask that you please retain the Boundless branding, logos and style.