Introduction to the OpenGeo Suite
OpenGeo Suite Dashboard¶
OpenGeo Suite comes with a Dashboard, a lightweight web application that provides links to the most common applications and documentation.
As we introduce the Dashboard, take some time to explore it by clicking around.
The Dashboard can be opened from the Start menu at OpenGeo Suite ‣ Dashboard. The Dashboard is also available in the browser by navigating to http://localhost:8080/.
The main Dashboard page show links to PostGIS configuration and documentation for PostGIS, GeoServer, GeoWebCache, and GeoExplorer.
A link to pgAdmin is not included here because the Dashboard can only launch web pages, not desktop applications. pgAdmin can be launched from the Start Menu.
The Getting Started screen includes a sample workflow to use for publishing data and maps using OpenGeo Suite. A similar workflow will be followed as part of this workshop.
The About page contains information about OpenGeo Suite and Boundless, the company behind OpenGeo Suite.
Other ways of accessing components¶
The OpenGeo Suite Dashboard is designed as a convenience to users, but it is not the only way to access components.
- Desktop tools such as pgAdmin and pgShapeloader can be launched through the Start Menu under OpenGeo Suite ‣ pgAdmin/pgShapeloader.
- All web applications such as GeoServer can be accessed directly through the browser. OpenGeo Suite runs locally at the port where it was installed (the default is 8080). Some helpful URLs for this workshop are:
- GeoServer - http://localhost:8080/geoserver
- GeoWebCache - http://localhost:8080/geowebcache
- GeoExplorer - http://localhost:8080/geoexplorer
Table Of Contents
Boundless provides commercial open source software for internet mapping and geospatial application development. We are dedicated to the growth and support of open source software.
This work is licensed under a Creative Non Commercial-Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Feel free to use this material, but we ask that you please retain the Boundless branding, logos and style.